I want to share this particular recipe with you because it's absolutely out of this world...and it also happened as a fluke! It's great as a snack, really low calorie, vegan, delicious and can be served at a main meal with miso soup and tofu on the side. Enjoy!
You will need, for 2 hand rolls (all approximation):
- 1/2 Cup Sprouts per hand roll
- 1/4 Cup Diced Vegan Chorizo (I use Cheatin's)
- 2 Table spoons of Veganaise or Dairy Free Mayo
- 1/2 Tea spoon of Cumin
- 1 teaspoon of dried parsley
- 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 leave of lettuce (I used romaine lettuce)
- 1 Nori Sheet (half per hand roll)
Additional goodies I've used before
- Sliced radish
- Spring onions/scallions
- Cut the nori sheet in half and reserve on the side
- In a bowl, mix the washed sprouts and all the other ingredients together. Taste before you put in your handroll.
- Lay the nori down with the lettuce leaf on top (diagonally place it so that the tip of the leaf is pointing towards the top right hand corner)
- Place filling on top of leaf, beware of trying to add in too much!
- Fold over the left hand side of the nori and wrap it under the lettuce leaf.
- Carefully place on plate and serve.
I hope you try this and tell me how it goes!