Quick Progress Timeline

Sunday 12 September 2010

Day 20 + 21 ~ Time to shake things up!

Oh weekends, how you mess with my mind. 

Saturday (day 20) went relatively smoothly although counting calories went out the window for some reason.  I wasn't making particularly bad choices but I think it had something to do with waking up so early and then just wanting to rest all day.  I did my grocery haul in the morning and spent the rest of the day cooking for everyone and then working.  If you want to see my grocery haul it's here:

 

I picked up a lot of organic foods this time round and did all of my shopping at the supermarket.  The farmers market that I went to didn't have much to offer so it's much less exciting.  The one thing I came away with this experience is that organic food really is that much more expensive and it shows in comparing my two receipts from last week to this weeks.  I spent very similar amounts of money but I got a lot less.  However I did figure if we ate it all and there was no waste, it would be worth it because we are putting less chemicals into our bodies and eating good quality food that makes us (well, at least me) happy.

Today (day 21) was an absolute shambles.  I've accepted that these days will keep coming along but I'm back at home now and I'm all fired up to get back on track.  When being on a relatively strict regime like the one I am on, it's easy to just go nuts and make bad choices.  I stood in Tae's kitchen and cried because I was going crazy with my food and I think for the first time I showed true vulnerability.  I don't think I've ever let anyone see how emotionally out-of-control I am about food and I just broke down.  He told me to relax and just take it easy.  He said that I was a very determined person and one days rest wasn't going to be the be-all and end-all.  He is right, because the scale may not like it tomorrow and I may be very dehydrated now (possibly come up in spots tomorrow too) but it's not going to be the end of the world.  I shall drink more water starting from now, have a good sleep and eat clean for the rest of the week.

Which brings me onto the subject of the 21 Day Challenge.

There has been debate as to how long it takes for a person to develop a habit but having completed 21 days of my own personal regime, I feel like it's been a great amount of time to develop my mind set and change my body.  By embarking on this challenge I am hoping to add to my life and hopefully each challenge will slowly mould me into the person I want to become. 

For the next 21 days I will make a consistent effort to wake up before 8am.  The reasoning behind this is because I have an extremely awful sleeping pattern.  Generally I sleep around 5am in the morning and wake up around 10am-1pm.  This has not only impaired my hair, skin and weight but I am very sluggish and slow, I have very low concentration levels and all I care about it sleeping whilst trying to stay awake.  The worst thing about that lifestyle is not having enough time to do anything.  I used to complain that there was not enough time in the day but I realised it was because I was sleeping during the day... 
So waking up before 8am assures me that I have the entire morning and hopefully it will encourage me to sleep earlier too.  I originally wanted to make the challenge to sleep before 11pm but some days it will be difficult because of work so I think we will focus on waking up early.  This will also help for when I go back for university.

So I weigh in tomorrow.  I'm very nervous because I haven't weighed myself since around Tuesday when I dropped to 12st 1lb.  I know that was a fake weight and it was really great to see because it pushed me to do well on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday but I haven't been extremely strict and today was a disaster.  I will be very pleased if I hit 12st 3 because that will have been 2lbs loss for my third week. 

Wish me luck!

 

Helen

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you! :D
    Like Tae said, take it easy hun, don't think loads into it, take it each step at a time. Obviously it's a big change and there are setbacks, but you are strong and you can get back into it!
    Although we don't get to see each other often now, if you ever need a chat I'm a bb, facebook, email, txt message or phone call away! I miss you! :)
    Lidl actually do quite a fair range of organic stuff, it's worth checking it out every so often as their stock changes from time to time. One day we should go Morrisons and compared prices with Sainsbury and plus I have a 10% discount hehe :P
    Good luck and well done hun!!! Love you! xxxx

    ReplyDelete